From: Gene Wilhoit To: commonstatestandards Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 5:07 PM Subject: Resources and Endorsing Partner Information for Common Core State Standards Initiative
Thanks to those of you who were able to attend yesterday’s meeting on the Common Core State Standards Initiative. We would like to share with everyone the following documents from the forum:
1) Summary of the initiative: http://www.ccsso.org/content/pdfs/CCSSIOnePage.pdf
2) PowerPoint presentation used at the Forum: http://www.ccsso.org/content/pdfs/CCSSI_PowerPoint.ppt
Please feel free to use these documents when communicating with your constituents.
Many of you have expressed your support for the initiative and desire to take an active role in its ongoing progress. We invite you to formally support this initiative by becoming an Endorsing Partner. As an Endorsing Partner of the Common Core State Standards Initiative, your organization commits to:
- Offering input, expertise, support, and guidance to the development and adoption of a common core of state standards through the Common Core State Standards Initiative led by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and the Council of Chief State School Officers.
- Communicating support of the initiative and its goals to our members, constituents, colleagues, and co-workers.
- Being listed on Common Core State Standards Initiative documents and materials as an Endorsing Partner.
- Identifying a single point of contact within your organization for CCSSO and the NGA Center to interact with on all issues related to common core state standards.
For more information and to become an Endorsing Partner, please complete the form at http://www.ccsso.org/content/pdfs/Endorsing%20Partner%20Form%20Final.doc and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may further support the initiative by writing a statement of support and sending it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This statement will be included on a joint Web site that is currently under development.
We look forward to continuing our dialogue with you.
Gene Wilhoit, CCSSO
Dane Linn, NGA Center